Restorative dentistry can fix tooth decay, replace a missing tooth, or treat an infected root, among other things. Restorative dentistry, along with preventative dentistry, is typically covered by your insurance. Dentists can restore many parts of the mouth, including the jawbone, by using bone grafting techniques.
Restorative Dentistry Services in Frisco, TX
Common Types of Restorative Dentistry Services
Restorative dentistry can be both functional and aesthetic. You should talk to your dentist about all of your options and then call your insurance carrier to see what your plan will cover. Be sure to get them to go over the cost of each option so that you are not given an unexpected bill down the road. Here are common types of restorative dentistry a restorative dentist in Frisco, TX performs.
Tooth replacement is one form of restorative dentistry services. Here is how this works:
- Tooth replacement can occur in many ways. An optimal tooth replacement treatment is a dental implant. An implant will stimulate bone growth, and you will not end up losing facial bone mass due to a missing tooth. Implants are also known to be more durable and last longer than other types of tooth restoration.
- Partial dentures are also a solution for missing teeth. Your dentist will create and fit a partial denture. Usually, a partial denture is a semi-permanent fixture that your dentist will have to put on and take off. You will have to refrain from eating things that are overly sticky or crunchy so that the partial denture does not come loose or fall out.
- Bridges are another way to replace missing teeth. You can have a bonded bridge or a bridge attached to one or two crowns. With these, you also want to refrain from eating sticky or crunchy foods. The way a bridge is held in place puts the surrounding teeth at a higher risk of decay. If you opt for a bridge, you must take the best care of it and your mouth as you are able.
Full dentures replace all of the teeth. You can have only an upper or lower set done. Dentures can be removable or fastened to your jawbone with implants.
Another form of restorative dentistry services in Frisco, TX includes tooth restoration. Here is how it works:
- You can restore teeth in a multitude of ways. The first we will mention is by using a filling. Your dentist will go in and be sure your mouth is extremely clean. Then they will put a composite over the area where the decay has taken place. This occurs because the area of decay is softer than the rest of your tooth where there is enamel. The filling will then prevent your tooth from becoming further decayed for years to come. You will need to refrain from foods that are too chewy. Otherwise, you will pull the filling out and have to have it done again.
- Crowns are used when the tooth decay is so bad that there is little to no enamel on the surface of the tooth any longer. Crowns are also used to protect teeth after someone has a root canal. That occurs when a root has become infected, and the dentist needs to remove it. You can also use crowns for teeth that have been damaged badly in an impact.
- Dental bonding is used for chipped or cracked teeth when the damage is not too extensive. Bonding is similar to a filling. Your dentist will prepare the area by cleaning it and being sure the surface is ready to accept the composite. This is a quick procedure. Note that the composite will stain over time, and it usually lasts around five years.
Finding A Dentist
Frisco Dental Associates offers all of the restorative dentistry services listed above and more. Give us a call today at 972-362-4037 to find out how we can help you get your smile back in order!
HERE IS WHAT PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT FRISCO DENTAL ASSOCIATES
Dr. Elrabaa and the entire staff at Frisco Dental Associates are wonderful! They are all so courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable. They make cleanings and procedures are comfortable as possible. Dr. Elrabaa personally makes calls to check in on you, which sets her apart from any other dentist I’ve ever had. I can’t say enough good things about these lovely people! I live in Dallas now, but still make the drive out to Frisco for dental care. I highly recommend Frisco Dental Associates!
14:54 08 Jul 20
Best dental team in Texas!!! I have been to them now for 2 dental emergencies and in both cases they have been phenomenal. on my last visit, I needed 2 teeth pulled. after the 1st tooth, my anxiety was getting the best of me (I have very bad dental anxiety) and before I even said anything, Dr. E offered to reschedule my other tooth for another day. not only do they do amazing work, but they actively listen to their patients and work with them. i will recommend them to everyone i know, and I'm certainly not going anywhere else!
17:47 27 Jun 20
Everyone friendly and explain treatment and suggestions
15:44 26 Jun 20
Dr. Elrabaa is a top-notch dentist, and a really nice person. She explains the options clearly, and her technique is professional and exacting. Great experience, which is what you want at a dentist! Also important to note that the staff abides by strict COVID procedures to protect everyone.
15:00 25 Jun 20
Awesome staff. No pain. They are the best.
17:57 24 Jun 20
A wonderful, painless, comprehensive experience with an incredibly friendly staff!!
14:44 19 Jun 20
Friendly staff, excellent hygienist (Suzanne), and a very thorough and personable dentist!
14:58 06 Jun 20
Prompt, no waiting forever like some offices; staff friendly, very efficient.
00:55 04 Jun 20