Restorative dentistry can fix tooth decay, replace a missing tooth, or treat an infected root, among other things. Restorative dentistry, along with preventative dentistry, is typically covered by your insurance. Dentists can restore many parts of the mouth, including the jawbone, by using bone grafting techniques.
Restorative Dentistry Services in Frisco, TX
Common Types of Restorative Dentistry Services
Restorative dentistry can be both functional and aesthetic. You should talk to your dentist about all of your options and then call your insurance carrier to see what your plan will cover. Be sure to get them to go over the cost of each option so that you are not given an unexpected bill down the road. Here are common types of restorative dentistry a restorative dentist in Frisco, TX performs.
Tooth replacement is one form of restorative dentistry services. Here is how this works:
- Tooth replacement can occur in many ways. An optimal tooth replacement treatment is a dental implant. An implant will stimulate bone growth, and you will not end up losing facial bone mass due to a missing tooth. Implants are also known to be more durable and last longer than other types of tooth restoration.
- Partial dentures are also a solution for missing teeth. Your dentist will create and fit a partial denture. Usually, a partial denture is a semi-permanent fixture that your dentist will have to put on and take off. You will have to refrain from eating things that are overly sticky or crunchy so that the partial denture does not come loose or fall out.
- Bridges are another way to replace missing teeth. You can have a bonded bridge or a bridge attached to one or two crowns. With these, you also want to refrain from eating sticky or crunchy foods. The way a bridge is held in place puts the surrounding teeth at a higher risk of decay. If you opt for a bridge, you must take the best care of it and your mouth as you are able.
Full dentures replace all of the teeth. You can have only an upper or lower set done. Dentures can be removable or fastened to your jawbone with implants.
Another form of restorative dentistry services in Frisco, TX includes tooth restoration. Here is how it works:
- You can restore teeth in a multitude of ways. The first we will mention is by using a filling. Your dentist will go in and be sure your mouth is extremely clean. Then they will put a composite over the area where the decay has taken place. This occurs because the area of decay is softer than the rest of your tooth where there is enamel. The filling will then prevent your tooth from becoming further decayed for years to come. You will need to refrain from foods that are too chewy. Otherwise, you will pull the filling out and have to have it done again.
- Crowns are used when the tooth decay is so bad that there is little to no enamel on the surface of the tooth any longer. Crowns are also used to protect teeth after someone has a root canal. That occurs when a root has become infected, and the dentist needs to remove it. You can also use crowns for teeth that have been damaged badly in an impact.
- Dental bonding is used for chipped or cracked teeth when the damage is not too extensive. Bonding is similar to a filling. Your dentist will prepare the area by cleaning it and being sure the surface is ready to accept the composite. This is a quick procedure. Note that the composite will stain over time, and it usually lasts around five years.
Finding A Dentist
Frisco Dental Associates offers all of the restorative dentistry services listed above and more. Give us a call today at 972-335-2201 to find out how we can help you get your smile back in order!
HERE IS WHAT PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT FRISCO DENTAL ASSOCIATES
Great staff and Dr! Good explanation of procedures and pleasant experience.
We have gone to this dental practice for a long time. Dr. E. is a wonderful dentist, and we love her practice. Her hygienists are friendly and gentle, and good listeners when you tell them what you need or how to deal with your teeth. The receptionist is friendly and accommodating when scheduling. There is never any pressure to do procedures if you’re not ready to have them done and need to do them in the future for whatever reason (finances, timing, etc.). Would definitely recommend!
Dr. Elrabaa and her staff at Frisco Dental Associates are very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend them for any of your dental needs!
my whole family now goes to Frisco Dental. Staff has always been over-friendly, dependable, and skilled at what they do!😀
The doctor and the staff’s are very good human beings. They took atmost care for their patients. They make their patients comfortable before doing anything. They staffs take care of my kid. The doctor explained everything to you and allow us to make a decision. Thank you doctor .v
Very accommodating and professional services. Dr and staff worked me in and took care of everything same day since I have a busy work schedule. Everyone is very nice and the work is superb the dr is very sweet and cares about her patients!