The Denture Solution
As one of the most common treatments for replacing a missing tooth or multiple missing teeth, dentures are a set of artificial gums and teeth custom-designed to fit your mouth and give you back the function of your teeth. Dentures can be full or partial, with the full ones designed to replace all of your upper or lower teeth and the partial ones made to replace individual missing pieces.
These prosthetics are generally made out of resin, a flexible, malleable material that fits comfortably in your mouth and is safe to stay in your mouth for long periods of time.
When Do You Need Dentures?
Dentures are often recommended for the following dental conditions:
Loose or moving teeth: If you notice gaps between your teeth that are growing wider or teeth that are shifting noticeably, you may be experiencing periodontal disease. Depending on the severity, this could lead to teeth extraction, followed by the need to restore missing teeth.
Difficulty chewing: Not being able to properly chew your food can lead to digestive issues and cause other problems to your body. Dentures will replace the teeth that are not working well so you can chew your food effectively and comfortably.
Missing teeth: If you’ve already lost one or several teeth, dentures can help avoid the deterioration and shifting of surrounding teeth, as well as the alteration of your bite.
Besides giving you a complete smile, the benefits of dentures also include:
- Increased confidence when chewing, smiling, and speaking
- Improve and restore the shape of the face that can be compromised due to missing teeth
- They are removable, which allows you to thoroughly clean the prosthetic and keep your mouth clean as well.
- No more food restrictions. You can enjoy your favorite foods, which you might have had to avoid without a full set of teeth.
- They are long-lasting. With proper care, your dentures can last up to 10 years before they need to be replaced.
Losing a tooth can have a negative effect on your appearance, as well as your general health and self-esteem. Thanks to dentures, you now have a discreet, comfortable, and functional solution that many patients have found successful. Please call our Frisco office if you would like to schedule a consultation to see if dentures are a good fit for your dental needs.