If you’re missing teeth, it can have a lasting effect on your mental, physical, and oral health. In such cases, it’s critical to find dental implants to address this problem. Dental implants are posts that we surgically implant into your jaw to replace any missing teeth. If you need dental implants, reach out to Frisco Dental experts today at 972.335.2201.
Do I Need a Periodontist to Get Implants?
In most cases, you don’t need a periodontist to get dental implants. In most cases, you can typically get quality dental implant work from a general dentist, such as the one at Frisco Dental. However, there are some cases we end up referring out due to complexity. Our team has numerous hours of training and experience surgically providing dental implants. When you’ve got Frisco Dental, you don’t need a specialist. Our prices are relatively reasonable, and we offer a range of treatment options.
Whether due to decay or due to trauma, tooth loss is detrimental to your dental and overall health. If you’re missing one or several teeth, it affects form and function and the ability to chew effectively. It can also severely affect nearby tissues and structures, such as supporting bone and gums. The longer the teeth are missing, the more the adjacent teeth move. This movement can cause further loss of space, at times making the space so little that it is difficult to replace the tooth or teeth with implants or other options.
Dental implants can be a promising solution to replace a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or a full set of dentures. They function as sturdy anchorage for replacing missing teeth.
Types of Dental Implants
There are multiple options for dental implants, so it’s critical to find the best treatment option for you. We offer three unique treatment options, including:
- Single tooth: If you’re only missing one tooth, the best implant option for you is our single tooth dental implants. This option services as a replacement tooth and prevents long-term bone loss.
- Multiple teeth: If you’ve lost multiple teeth, there are options that can replace them. We will place these implants in the location where you’re missing teeth, ensuring the long-term health of your mouth.
- All-on-Four implants: In some cases, a person may be missing all of their teeth on the top or the bottom of their mouth. If you’re in such a situation, All-on-Four Implants are an excellent option. Reach out to our team today to learn about this treatment option.
Advantages of This Dental Appliance
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance: When you get dental implants, they look and feel like your own teeth. Furthermore, because they are designed to fuse with bone, they are a permanent treatment option.
- Improved speech: If you have poor-fitting dentures, your teeth can slip within the mouth. This can cause you to mumble or slur your words. Fortunately, dental implants allow you to speak without worrying that your teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort: Because these appliances become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort you’d experience with dentures.
- Easier eating: Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
It’s critical to talk to your dentist about your decision to seek implants. They can give you advice about what your next steps should be and whether you’re an appropriate candidate for this treatment option.
Contact Frisco Dental Today
Do you have questions about dental implants? We want to help answer them. Please schedule your complimentary implant consultation now for dental implants in Frisco, TX at Frisco Dental Associates.